Located in the centre of Windermere a busy town, all shops, restaurants & bars are a few minutes stroll away, a pleasant 15-20 minute stroll to the lake, where you can visit sheriff's walk with its pretty waterfall. Orrest Head & School knot two beautiful fells in walking distance of cambridge House where views of the langdales & lake windermere are breathtaking. Parking is on road, we offer parking permits subject to availability, there is also unrestricted parking close by.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Hill Top (3.5 mi)
- The home of Beatrix Potter with its beautiful gardens and lovely house are a short distance from windermere, and on from this is the lovely village of Hawkshead, with its quaint tea rooms, gift shops and galleries.
- Lakeland Plastics (1 mi)
- Home of the famous Lakeland Plastics magazine - visit and purchase soem great items for the home
- Helvelyn (5 mi)
- The aim of this website is to provide a taster of the wonders on offer around Glenridding, Patterdale, Ullswater and Helvellyn in the Lake District. We hope you’ll come and visit soon!
- Scafel (25 mi)
- If you are considering a walk up “Scafell Pike”, this is the best place to start
- wish radio (50 mi)
- WISH RADIO was created from AJFM and was designed to keep it real and stand apart from other radio stations and be the station that keeps it real. How do we plan to achieve this!!! by you the listener and let you decide the format for the shows, for you to decide the music we play for you to feel included not secluded.
- Old Laundry Theatre (1 mi)
- The Old Laundry Theatre is situated in Bowness-on-Windermeret. Our lively annual season of music, theatre, comedy & film commences in August and finishes in December. The theatre was opened in 1992 by Sir Alan Ayckbourn, a trustee of the theatre.
- Bike Hire (0.5 mi)
- Country Lanes Lake District - We specialise in cycle hire, mountain bike hire, hybrid and road bike hire. Based in Windermere, Lake District, Cumbria, North West England ...
- Geocaching (1 mi)
- Discover - Explore the world as you search for the cache using a GPS device or smartphone. Find the cache, sign the logbook and see what others have left behind.
- Olympic Torch 2012 (1 mi)
- The Olympic torch is to take a trip on a Windermere steamer in June 2012 as part of its nationwide tour. Arriving from the east, it will travel through many areas of Cumbria before it heads south towards Blackpool.Thousands of torchbearers are being recruited for the flame's 70-day journey across the UK before the opening ceremony in London.There will be two overnight stops in the county, at Carlisle and Bowness-on-Windermere. Evening celebrations are to be held at both locations
- Bowness Bay Blues (1.5 mi)
- 30th March to 1st April 2012 - new music festival on the eastern shore of Lake Windermere. Some of Britain’s best blues musicians will soon be raising the roof in this beautiful little town. Topping the bill on Friday night will be harmonica maestro; Paul Lamb & the King Snakes with their red-hot brand of blues, boogie & swing. Saturday’s headliner will be blues diva Connie Lush,The Sunday highlight will be the dynamic young band Jon
- Welcome to Kendal Mountain Festival (6 mi)
- Windermere is on the direct train route to Kendal - so stay in windermere and visit - Kendal is a small town with a big heart. Each year it welcomes thousands of outdoors enthusiasts from around the world to celebrate mountain culture in film, lectures, art and literature. Our mission is to inspire audiences with stories, films and presentations from the outdoor environment encompassing the spirit of exploration and adventure.
- Hadrians Wall (30 mi)
- Come to Windermere and use it as a base to visit attractions such as - Hadrian's Wall Heritage is funded by English Heritage and Natural England and several major grant programmes such as the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) as well as local businesses. We have the support of several local authorities across the World Heritage Site.In 2012, Hadrian's Wall Heritage will become a charitable trust.
- Cartmel Races (10 mi)
- Windermere is a great base to visit all areas of Cumbria & the Lakes - Mon 4th Jun 2012 Gates open: 10:00amFirst Race: 14:10pm Last Race: 17:40pm This annual Bank Holiday Festival is always one of the year's star attractions, but 2012 promises to be even better because we will be celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.More Details
- Lakes Alive (2 mi)
- The world premiere of a spectacular new show by Les Commandos Percu will be one of the opening events of the London 2012 Festival. It will follow the arrival of the Olympic Torch at Lake Windermere earlier in the evening. On The Night Shift is not a firework display, it’s not a concert. It’s more than that. Les Commandos Percu combine the two to create a magnificent spectacle for your eyes and ears. Their shows perfectly blend musical rhythms and amazing effects, as fireworks dance to a level
- Windermere Lake Cruises (1 mi)
- Welcome to Windermere Lake Cruises - the most popular attraction in Cumbria. Windermere is England's largest lake, in the heart of the Lake District. We offer cruises from 45 minutes to 3 hours - or you can even spend all day on and around the lake with our fantastic 'Freedom of the Lake'
- Leisure Facilities (1 mi)
- Free use of leisure facilities for guests staying two nights or more - Take advantage of the leisure facilities, with heated indoor pool, sauna and gym, have a drink or a light snack in the lounge or enjoy the local specialities from the extensive menu in our exquisite oak panelled restaurant
- HSBC (0.5 mi)
- Windermere: 15 Crescent Road Windermere Cumbria LA23 1EF Tel: 08457 404 404 Fax: 01539 462 099 Opening hours are Mon - Fri unless specified Open: 0930 - 1630
- Barclays (0.5 mi)
- Barclays Bank PLC,Windermere LA23 1EB Business Services - cash points available
- Hairdresser (0.5 mi)
- If you are looking for expert help with wedding hair in Windermere, look no further than The Hair Lounge.
Whether travelling northbound or southbound on the M6, the most direct route is Juntion 36, follow the A590 and then the A591 to Windermere, turn into windermere and follow the one way system, Cambridge House in on Oak Street which is the second turning on the let after the Post Office, parking is on road, please park in any zone A, if a permit is availabile we will issue you one free of charge, if there is not one available we will advise where to park un-restricted . Turn left out of the train station past tourist information, walk down the hill, follow the road round to the left, passing Barclays Bank, HSBC & Post office, oak Street is the second road on the left after the post office, and Cambridge House is on the corner of Oak street and Havelock Road
Windermere Bus Depot
Disembark from the coach, walk straight ahead past tourist information, pass Barclays Bank, HSBC & Post Office, Oak Street is the second road on the left after the post office